I modified the concrete to match more to the art style of the floor tiles, and did another test for overall look. Also for the concrete I toned down the thickness of the edges
I modified the brick sprite a little bit, as well as made the patio pattern which will be repeated over the background. Here is the brick sprite as well as the patio sprite, and the rough view of the courtyard when the game is assembled.
I modified the wall sprite a little bit more to be more representative of concrete rather than granite. It has less noise now so it is a little bit cleaner.
I tried making a concrete sprite for the game Im making, this is what I got, I plan on repeating the texture and rotating it to create variance like the example below.
I worked again on the ball, this time increasing the saturation, as well as adding some AA on the edges of the lines running across the ball.
After more feedback, I went back to my sprite and added a soft shadow, some pixel ratio changes, dithered two shades, and did some anti aliasing on the outside of the ball. Here's the result!
I modified my basketball sprite after getting some feedback on http://www.vg-resource.com. I added grey lines to the black lines to show more reflection, and also reduced the number of colors and made the tones more spherical overall.
This is where I will be posting my modeling and texturing exercises, as well as any general CG related things I do.